Friday 12 February 2016

Recipe Success Criteria


Procedural Writing Success Criteria

Goal: To write instructions that clearly and accurately teach others how to prepare a specific meal.

Success Criteria: I can…

-include a clear title/goal for my procedure (e.g. “How To Make…”)
-include details like hands on time, total time (i.e. hands on time + baking time), number of people my recipe serves
-list specific materials and quantities that are needed for my procedure
-break down my instructions into step-by-step sequence
-number each step and start each step on a new line
-create instructions that are accurate and detailed so that no assumptions need to be made
-use transition words to start each step (first, then, next, after that, etc.)
-use imperative tense verbs (wash, fold, mix, stir, boil, etc.)
-include adjectives and adverbs to clarify my instructions (slowly, carefully, etc.)
-include photos/illustrations of my meal
-include a brief history of my meal (i.e. where did you learn how to cook it, how long has it been in your family, what is the traditional name of your dish, what does it mean, etc.) 

Please make sure to refer to the example of a Lasagna recipe that was distributed in class. 

Just a reminder that you are welcome to bring in a sample of your dish if you wish to do so but it is not mandatory and will not influence your overall mark on the assignment. 

Due Date: Wednesday, February 17th, 2016. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it be okay if instead of saying how many people my recipe serves, to say how many cookies my recipe makes?

    ReplyDelete